Who wouldn’t prefer to work from home jobs paying $10 or more per hour?
I know from my experience working at home, I’ve seen a lot of websites talking about ways to make money.
Unfortunately, they share ones that take a lot time for little pay. It saddens me to read about moms trying to make an income but getting paid under minimum wage.
For a time, I was there, too, working jobs that paid $7 an hour or $15 per article I wrote in 2 hours.
I’m sorry, but we are worth more than that!
Those kinds of wages might seem okay if you just want to make a little extra money for date night or to pay for extra things, but even then, it’s not really equal pay for the work done.
So what’s the solution to this? Focusing on those jobs that pay more than minimum wage.
When you focus, you pass by every opportunity you find and just research those job opportunities that pay at least $10 per hour. $10 per hour work at home equals about $20,000 per year if you were working full time.
What would you do with $20,000 more per year?
Replace your job outside the home? Pay off debts? Save for things you’ve wanted but can’t afford – a home, vacations?
The Hunt for Work from Home Jobs Paying $10 or More
I’ve put together a list of work from home jobs paying $10 and up. Job availability can change rapidly, so I can not guarantee all these will be available when you read this.
However, these are companies that hire work from home employees regularly.
Therefore, if one isn’t hiring, move onto the next. Keep this list bookmarked so you can come back and check regularly until you have the job that best fits you.
- ABC Financial – Remote customer service. Offers benefits including paid time off. Reports from applicants say the pay is $10-13 per hour.
- Amazon – various remote positions including customer service. Jobs are virtual but have some location restrictions. Rate is $10 for customer service positions.
- American Express – Remote customer service positions as an employee with benefits. Looks for applicants with 4 yrs of college or prior work experience. Reported to pay $15 – $20 per hour. Use “virtual” and “work at home” in the search area.
- Alorica– Remote customer service in several areas across the US. They require a background check that is nonrefundable. According to Glass Door, pay is just under $10 per hour or more.
- Apple – Work at home phone and chat product support. Pay has been reported to about $14 per hour. They prefer applicants to have familiarity using their products and some prior customer service experience. You can also apply through Kelly Services.
- Aspire Lifestyles -Work from home concierge positions. Pay have been reported to be $11-$13 per hour. Must live new Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, or Las Vegas.
- Blooms Today – Seasonal work from home customer agents to take flower orders. Pay is $15 per hour. They also hire some permanent employees at a low base rate + commissions.
- Blue Zebra Appointment Setting – Work at home cold call sales agents. US and Canada positions for $15-25 per hour based on experience and skill level.
- Capital One – Hiring remote employees in Florida and Virginia only. Pay rates reported to be $10 -13 according to different sources. Look for those with “work from home” in their titles. Also you can screen them further by locations: “Anytown, Virginia” or “Anytown, Florida.”
- Carlson Wagonlit Travel – Home-based travel counselor and sales paying $15 per hour. Full-time employment with great benefits.
- Causeworx – Remote tele-fundraising for Canadian causes. Hires U.S. applicants, too. Pay is $11-14 per hour.
- Contemporary VA – Hires for virtual assistant positions worldwide. Pay is $10 per hour. Must speak English fluently.
- Convergys – remote phone and online chat associates provide technical support. Report put the pay range in the close to $10 and up range.
- Cruise.com – Remote customer service. Pay reported to be $10-15 per hour plus benefits.
- Direct Interactions – work at home parking enforcement agents. Agents handle calls from people with unpaid parking tickets. Pay is $10-12 per hour (during training pay is $9.35 per hour).
- Doctors on Demand – Hires employees with 2 or more years of healthcare experience for customer support jobs paying $16-$18 per hour.
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car – Work from home in sales and service. $11-15 per hour depending on position.
- Executive Scheduling Associates – work at home schedulers to set financial wholesaler appointments paying $12 per hour.
- Extended Presence – work at home appointment setters/telemarketers paying over $12 per hour (according to research done).
- Great Virtual Works – customer service and inbound sales agent positions paying $15 per hour.
- Hilton Worldwide – Remote reservation sales, customer care and service. Pay is $12-15 per hour plus benefits.
- HSN (Home Shopping Network) – Remote customer service paying $10-11 per hour plus benefits. Positions limited to locations in Florida, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia.
- Intermedia – Remote tech support jobs paying about $18 per hour.
- Live Ops – Insurance agents are contracted for a virtual call center. Pays $13-$15. Top earners make $22-30 per hour. They have other positions as well for different pay rates.
- Lifebushido – virtual assistant jobs paying $10 per hour. Hires worldwide. Hours range from a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 25 hours.
- Neiman-Marcus – work at home customer service agents in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. $11-16 per hour plus benefits. 16-40 hours a week.
- NexRep – work from home agents for tech support, sales, receptionists, and beauty consultants. Tech support is paid $10 per hour. Inbound sales call positions are commission-based. Outbound are $5 per hour + commission. Receptionists are paid $.25 per minute talk time. Beauty consultants have a base pay of $10 per hour. There is a $25 background check.
- ICUC – Work from home in the US doing political outreach and writing. This is project-based work and pays $10 per hour for the phone work.
- OnPoint Advocacy– Political outreach calling jobs paying about $12 per hour (according to research done).
- Paragon Planners – Work from home scheduling for financial wholesalers. Sources reported pay begins at $12 and up $14 as you gain experience. Up to 35 hours a week. Hire from the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, ID, IL, KS, MA, MI, MO, MT, NC, NE, OR, PA, SC, TX, WA, WI, & VA.
- Red Butler – Virtual Assisting with pay ranging from $12 to $15 per hour.
- Rosetta Stone – Work at home language coach paying around $17 per hour plus some benefits. Work is 8-15 hours a week varying based on learned demand.
- Sedgwick CMS – phone and non-phone jobs involving insurance claims. Reports mention pay being more that $10 per hour plus benefits. Use the word “home” to filter the job listings.
- Support.com – Remote tech support paying $10.25 per hour ($9.00 during training) to $11.00 per hour depending on position.
- TeleTech – work at home technical and customer service. Pay is $10.25 per hour. Some other positions have varying pay. Part-time, flexible hours.
- Time Etc. – Virtual assisting positions paying $11-16 per hour, based on experience. Open to US and UK applicants. Phone and non phone work.
- VIP Desk – Remote brand ambassador paying $10-12 per hour. Must currently live in one of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, NV, NJ, NY, OH, TX, UT, or VA.
- Williams-Sonoma – work at home customer service representative, must live near The Colony, TX and train on site. $11 per hour pay to start plus benefits. They also list openings on Indeed.
- World Travel Holdings – remote sales and customer service. $11 per hour plus benefits with full time positions of 35-45 hours a week. 6 weeks of paid training.
- Worldwide 101 – Virtual assisting – phone and non phone work – paying $15-20 per hour. Number of hours is part-time or full-time depending on your preference and client/s you’re assigned to.
Non- phone Jobs
- Appen Butler Hill – work at home web search evaluators paying slightly over $13 per hour.
- Brainfuse – work from tutoring. $10 per hour while tutoring students and $7 per hour while waiting for students to sign in online for tutoring. To apply send resume to email@example.com.
- Crawford Media Services (Metaforce) – Work at home contractors for metadata writing and tagging during occassion projects. $10-18 per hour pay rate.
- ETS – Work from home test scoring. Pays $10 to $20 per hour. Often requires teaching experience and some college.
- Elevate K12 – Virtual instructor jobs paying $12 per hour.
- ICUC – Work at home community monitoring. Pay is $10-18 per hour, 8 hours shifts, and full or part time.
- InstaEdu – hires online tutors paying $20 per hour.
- iSoftStone – Work at home search engine evaluation and other at home jobs paying about $13 per hour.
- Leapforce – Remote search engine evaluation jobs paying over $13 per hour.
- Lionbridge – work at home search evaluation paying $13.50 per hour.
- Measurement, Inc. – work from home scoring tests. It’s temporary work paying $11 per hour.
- Needle – Hire agents for several internet retailers to provide customers with product expertise. Reports from workers say they made between $10- $14 per hour. Also, you can set own hours.
- PalFish – Hires tutors to help Chinese student learn English using your smartphone and their app. Average pay is $13-$15 per hour.
- Panda Tree – Hires tutors for Spanish and Mandarin paying $12 or more per hour. (US and Canada)
- Pearson – Work at home test scoring. Pays $10 or more per hour.
- PrepNow – Work at home tutor jobs paying $15 per hour. Must have 4 year degree.
- Smart Brief – Freelance writing creating short news articles paying about $14 hourly
- Stitch Fix – Work at home fashion stylist helping subscribers curate boxes. Reported to pay around $15 per hour. Must live in the Austin, Cleveland, Dallas, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, Sacramento, San Diego, and the San Francisco Bay areas.
- The ACT – Work at home scoring ACT essays paying $12 or more per hour. Performance-based pay.
- The Yeomen – Email support reps paying $13-$18 per hour (according to research done).
- Vericant – Remote raters hired to evaluate Chinese students’ English speaking skills. Raters earn $15-$24 per hour.
- Tigerfish – hires transcriptionists, resources report it’s possible to make $15+ per hour.
- Tutor.com – Remote tutoring online. Pays $10-11 for tutor sessions and $5.50 per hour while waiting for students to come online for a session. (US and Canada)
- VIPKid – Online tutoring. Get paid $7-9 per 25 minute lesson. (US and Canada)
- Xerox – Work at home data entry jobs. Reported by sources to pay $12-$14 per hours. Need to type 8,000 keystrokes per hour (apx. 27 wpm). They offer other virtual jobs, too.
- ZeroChaos – Search engine evaluation/ad quality rating jobs paying $15 per hour.
Work From Home Jobs
- 15+ Data Entry Jobs From Home
- Entry Level Remote Jobs – Work From Home With No Experience
- Common Work-At-Home Jobs You Can Apply For
- Top Ten Companies Offering Legitimate Work From Home Jobs
- List Of Passive Income Ideas, Anyone Can Do!
- Good Side Hustle ideas
Out of curiosity, did you actually check these out? I clicked on Xerox which went to a spam site and redirected me to another spam site…
Yes I do check all the links. I have updated Xerox link. It was actually taking you to a another work at home website that’s actually a reliable site, but I corrected it and now goes directly to Xerox’s virtual jobs page. Thanks for letting me know it needed fixed. 🙂
Awesome list! The only I really knew about was Amazon. Now… you have me contemplating some things…
Read through my other work at home posts. There is a lot of helpful info there to help you create a plan of earning income at home that fits your goals and lifestyle, Amber. There are many more options than Amazon. Figure out how much you want/need to earn, how many hours you have to dedicate to working, are you able to work a set schedule or noise-free? All these considerations help weed out jobs that don’t fit and focus on those that do. 🙂
What a great list, thanks so much for sharing!
I plan on checking out a few of these myself. It would be hard to do phone jobs with all 6 kids home all day. I’d love the Amazon job, but I live 30 minutes from being on the right side of the river for that.
I am the same way with phone jobs, too. With family and pets at home it makes it harder to do those. I recommend you take a look at different kinds of jobs that don’t require you to be on the phone, such as chat jobs, writing, virtual assisting, etc.. By knowing what kind of job fits your situation and income goals, you can focus on just that fit best. Here’s a post I did on chat jobs: Work at Home Chat Jobs. And I am doing a series on virtual assisting and another on freelance writing 🙂
Latasha @ Arts and Budgets
Awesome list!! I will Check some of the ones listed out.
Thanks Latasha! I hope you find my job list a help. 🙂
My fiance is looking into a few of these! Thank you for sharing!
Jacki, I hope he finds a great job!