What’s keeping you from your dreams to start a home business? Are you on the treadmill of trying to get out of the rat race? Follow the wisdom of these 19 quotes to get you back on track and get off the treadmill that’s takes you nowhere.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. When you click and purchase through these, we receive a small commission.
Be Inspired to Start a Home Business
You want something different but you feel like you’re going nowhere. Your job has you stuck in rut. You miss spending time with your kids. Instead of enjoying them you only see them when you’re tired and stressed from work. You feel like Ground Hog movie with Bill Murray: you days are set to play over and over the same everyday. And, you feel you’ll never reach your goals or dreams being stuck working from someone else.
The truth is changing from an employee to an entrepreneur can be scary. But, one of the ways you reduce fear and increase success is by leaning on the wisdom and experience of others who have found success in their life.
Some may be famous and others not so much. However, the wisdom you’ll find here can help you create a shift in thinking which the foundation to massive success. Here are 21 quotes that I found to inspire you to take the next steps to start a home business and realize your dreams.
1. Once in awhile it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to. —Alan Keightley
Were you told to go to school and get a good job? Many people are pushed to take certain careers based on family expectations. They think there’s only certain ways of living based on what they did or what their parents did. While it may fit a few individuals, often it’s very limiting with little room for you who are creative or have bigger goals.
You don’t have to settle for less than what you want to do. Allow yourself to open up the possibilities of having a life that is uniquely you.
2. You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. — Mike Murdock
Are you afraid to get started? Taking the first steps can be the hardest. And, it may seem overwhelming, but if you focus on simple daily actions the big goals take care of themselves.
3. No one lives long enough to learn everything they need to learn starting from scratch. To be successful, we absolutely, positively have to find people who have already paid the price to learn the things that we need to learn to achieve our goals —. Brian Tracy
Get help right out the gate. Find a mentor, coach, mastermind or become a part a community that will help to support you in your success. Become a lifelong learner. Attend seminars and boot camps in your specialized area knowledge. When you learn from people who have been successful and you model their activities you will get their results.
4. By stretching yourself beyond your perceived level of confidence you accelerate your development of competence. — Michael J. Gelb
The only way to gain confidence in a certain area is to take action. It is in the action you will start to have small victories which will increase your level of success.
5. If you don’t program yourself, life will program you! —Les Brown
Don’t leave it up to other people make decisions for you. If you have no plans to how to grow wealth during your working years your employer will. Life has a way of passing us by quickly. Next week becomes next month and before you know it life becomes something that has been directed by circumstances and the choices of others. Instead, take control of your life. You can make the life you want happen.
6. There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them. —Denis Waitley
No matter what your situation is now, are you have the opportunity to change it. But, only if you take total responsibility for the direction of your life. If you don’t like where you are forgive yourself and focus on solutions. Don’t focus on problems or why you think something can’t happen. Start to ask powerful questions the answers will start to appear.
7. Everything you need you already have. You are complete right now, you are a whole, total person, not an apprentice person on the way to someplace else. Your completeness must be understood by you and experienced in your thoughts as your own personal reality. — Dr. Wayne Dyer
You have much more going for you than what you realize. Often we buy into the negative opinions of others instead building up our confidence. We all have gifts, talents, and skills. Yours makes you a unique person with the abilities to do something no one can do the same way. Spend some time reflecting and brainstorming about your talents, skills, and interests.
8. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Who are we NOT to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in us all. —Marianne Williamson
When I first heard this quote it brought tears to my eyes. What talent or gift do you have that you are allowing fear to rob you from achieving? Doing what you were called to do it is bigger than you. You are unique and sharing your gift with someone could make a difference in their life. Are you playing it too small? Are staying in a job that doesn’t stretch you? What can you do to make a difference?
As you grow you will naturally see opportunities that others can not see. Jason Oman author of Conversation with Millionaires calls it “Money Goggles.” Even if you were in a pitch black room you will have infrared vision in the area of creating opportunities to make money.
9. A different world cannot be built by indifferent people. —Peter Marshall
You can’t have what you want in life by being indifferent. Successful people are passionate in pursuit of their dreams. Don’t allow yourself to be in environments that discourage you.
10. What is it that you like doing? If you don’t like it, get out of it, because you’ll be lousy at it. You don’t have to stay with a job for the rest of your life, because if you don’t like it you’ll never be successful in it. —Lee Iacocca
Why would you ever spend most of your waking hours doing something that you don’t like? The key to success is finding something you love to and set the standard for excellence.
11. Simply making consistent investments in our self-education and knowledge banks pays major dividends throughout our lives. — Jim Rohn
The self-education I have pursued after college has been my greatest return on investment. There is something to be said when you develop skills that you know will support you in any economy. Specialized knowledge applied with all out massive results will yield hefty financial and emotional rewards.
12. Finding your purpose may be a lifelong pursuit or you may have discovered it when you were 5 years old. There’s no absolute timeline for anyone. That’s a good reason never to give up, to keep on discovering things every day. — Donald Trump
If you have not discovered your life’s purpose don’t be too hard on yourself. Start to ask yourself and enter into a discovery process. Allow yourself to dream without concerns of how you will get it done. Every time you think you have found the answer dig deeper with more questions. Rarely are your true goals, purpose and desires on the surface of your soul. Often times they have been put away for safe keeping to protect yourself from disappointment. Keep discovering new things until your purpose is clear.
13. What material success does is provide you with the ability to concentrate on other things that really matter. And that is being able to make a difference, not only in your own life, but in other people’s lives. —Oprah Winfrey
When you get the money out of the way your world expands even greater. Oprah exemplifies this principle. She now looks for ways to help others in everything she does. Whether it is giving more support to your family or contributing to a worthy cause, having freedom as a work from home entrepreneur will allow you make your mark in the world.
14. The world cares very little about what a man or woman knows; it is what the man or woman is able to do. — Booker T. Washington
So what can you create and add value to the world? I love this quote because it demonstrates very clearly that what matters are results at the end of the day. Don’t get caught up in theories. Make sure you are constantly taking action that moves you towards a specific goal.
15. There are risks and costs to action. But they are far less than the long-range risks of comfortable inaction. — John F. Kennedy
Are you too afraid to fail that you just can’t get started? Don’t be. Many people have “failed” their way to million dollar empires. It is better to do something and be wrong then to do nothing at all. When you choose to do nothing someone else usually makes a decision that impacts you and you ending up doing something you don’t want to do.
16. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for circumstances they want. –George Bernard Shaw
There is no such thing as luck. You create the luck by working and preparing for the opportunity. When you start to put yourself out there the universe gives back. Make sure you are clear of your intentions and then go and make it happen.
17. It’s not the hours you put in your work that counts, it’s the work you put in your hours. — Sam Ewing
You have the same 24 hours in the day as Bills Gate and Oprah. Don’t sabotage yourself by saying, “Well they can do it because their rich.” Unless you inherit wealth there is a price that everyone has to pay. You don’t have to work all day at your work from empire. However, you must consistently put time in if you want success.
18. You must do the thing you think you cannot do. — Eleanor Roosevelt
One of the greatest gifts you can give yourself is to do something you think you can not do. It doesn’t have to be something huge. A simple action of courage goes a long in adding to your confidence in every area of your life.
19. You will never leave where you are, until you decide where you’d rather be. — Dexter Yager
Until you know your purpose you will be at risk for staying in a job that slowly eats away at you. Why? You simply don’t have a strong enough goal to leave your current job. When the goal is strong enough you will search to find the answers.
Dear Female Founder: 66 Letters of Advice from Women Entrepreneurs Who Have Made $1 Billion in RevenueWomens Entrepreneurship Club T-Shirt for Girls, Women, Boys & Men Small Heather BlueMillion Dollar Women: The Essential Guide for Female Entrepreneurs Who Want to Go BigFemale Entrepreneur Gifts – Fun Coffee Mug for Women in Business – I Close Deals in Heels, Coffee Cup 11 Oz.