Have a home-based business? If you don’t have a business blog then you should strongly consider having one. While some people simply dismiss blogging, because of its description, as a just an online journal, they are missing a lot of traffic and revenue generating opportunities every day. Are you one of those missing out?
Here’s the truth: blogs are much more than a simple online journal. They are actually a perfect way to market your business. No matter what kind of business you have, creating a business blog is essential part of your marketing plan. Keep reading to learn more!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. When you click and purchase through these, we receive a small commission.
Why You Need A Business Blog
I have come up with 7 reasons why every home business needs a business blog.
1.Publishing a regularly updated blog helps you keep in touch with your customers. You can publish updates, news, or thoughts in your blog as well as answer questions. Have a new product line? Blog about it. Having a giveaway? Blog about it. Planning to be in a local sales event or craft show? Blog about it. Keep your customer in the loop so they keep coming back for new items.
2. A blog can help you attract new customers. If your blog answers the visitors’ question or attracts their interest you have just found another new potential customer.
Get Found on Search Engines
3. Blogs that are regularly updated with quality content often rank higher in search engines than traditional web sites. Search engines love blogs and RSS feeds. If you design your blog properly then every time you update it the search engines are notified. Using strong keywords in your posts, your blog will begin to appear on search engines attracting new visitors.
Build a Reputation
4. Blogs can help you establish or build your reputation in a particular field. As your blog grows you will demonstrate your knowledge in your chosen niche. Blog visitors will become your tribe of people who think of you as go-to person in your area of business.
Create Revenue Streams
5. Blogs are excellent revenue streams. In addition to whatever product or service you sell in your home business, your business blog can be monetized using advertising and affiliate links to create new ways you can earn income.
Generate New Leads
6. Blogs are great ways to generate leads. Once you get those people coming to your blog, offer a freebie when they sign up for your mailing list. Your opt-in offer will attract people to become part of your inner circle of valued customers. They will have access to your newsletters in the form of emails you send to further market and share your ideas/helps with them.
Create Marketable Materials
7. Creating your own blog is the easiest way to establish a presence on the Internet. You can use your blog posts as marketing material on social media. Have quality graphics with good sizes for sharing on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, etc. This will help you attract more potential clients and give visitors an opportunity to share your business blog with others.
As you can see there are several benefits to starting your own business blog. Depending on the type of hosting you have your current website, you may be able to simply get a WordPress blog created on the same web hosting account. If that isn’t possible, or if you don’t have a website yet, you can get a domain and set up a WordPress blog fairly easy. I recommend RfeHosting. I have used them for sometime and it’s always been reliable. You will want to professional looking theme for your blog. StudioPress Themes for WordPress with their Genesis theme is one use all the time when creating new blogs. If you don’t want to set up your blog yourself, you can hire a virtual assistant to do it for you.
The Business Blog Handbook: A Step-by-Step Guide to Running a Business Blog that Drives Traffic and Accelerates GrowthContent Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your BusinessThe New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers DirectlyThe One Hour Content Plan: The Solopreneur’s Guide to a Year’s Worth of Blog Post Ideas in 60 Minutes and Creating Content That Hooks and Sells