Celebrate the holidays with these coconut snowmen cupcakes. They are almost as fun to make with your family as they are to eat together. And, don’t worry they aren’t hard to make so you don’t have to be pro in the kitchen.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. When you click and purchase through these, we receive a small commission.
Yummy Coconut Snowmen Cupcakes
We’re keeping this recipe simply by using a yellow cake mix. Prepare 12 cupcakes as directed on the cake mix box. Your kids will love helping!
After they cool, you’re ready to decorate. Now for the really fun part! Pipe your frosting over the top of each cupcake.
Pour some coconut into a bowl. And then, dip each frosted cupcake into the coconut. If your children are helping, give each on a bowl so each one has can be helping.
Now your cupcakes are ready for their faces!
Open your candy packages and use 2 brown M&M® candies for the eyes and a orange Dots® for the nose. Next, use 5 mini chocolate chips for the snowman’s smile. Repeat until all 12 cupcakes have faces.
Creating Traditions with Food
Holidays are a time to create special tradition for you and your family to cherish. Cooking together is one my favorites and I’m sure my daughter would agree. When I was growing up some of my fondest memories was cooking with my grandma or mother. Now each holiday I make sure to involve my daughter in some of the cooking. I have photos of her when she was little sitting up on the counter and stirring a mix with me. Now she’s an adult we still have fun cooking together for holiday celebrations. It brings up closer together.
- 12 yellow cake cupcakes
- white frosting (Such as Betty Crocker's with a piping tip)
- shredded coconut
- Brown M&M candies
- Mini chocolate chips
- Orange Dots candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12 cup cupcake pan with liners.
- Prepare the cake mix according to directions. Pour into the cupcake pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.Let cool.
- Pipe the white frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Pour the shredded coconut into a small bowl. DIp the cupcake into the shredded coconut, making sure the frosting is completely covered.
- Place two brown M&M candies on top of the cupcake for eyes. Place an orange Dot below the eyes for a nose and 5 mini chocolate chips for a smile!
Baker’s Angel Flake Coconut Bag, 14 ozBetty Crocker Yellow Cake Mix, 15.25 ozBetty Crocker White Ready to Use Icing, 7 ozNestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, 10 ozDots Assorted Fruit Gumdrops Candy, 6.5 ozM&M’S Milk Chocolate Candy Party Size 42-Ounce BagFoil Baking Cups Cupcake Liners, Standard Sized, 200 Count (Red)Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan