Image Source: Unsplash
When your smile isn’t how you want it, it can make you self-conscious. As much as we try to hide our discontent, this will continue to haunt us until the issue is sorted. Often, misalignments in our teeth can throw our whole smile off, preventing it from being as beautiful as it could be.
The great thing is that improvements in the market have seen new methods of treatment such as Invisalign braces being introduced. These are perfect as they are practically undetectable, so teens and adults can skip the metal and undergo a much more discreet look. Not to mention, there are flexible payment plans in place to make this option affordable to the majority.
When searching for invisalign braces Gold Coast dentists offer, there are a range of providers that will help you achieve your desired smile. Once you find someone, you can push through with your Invisalign smile assessment and begin planning with the professional how to proceed.
First things first, it’s good to know some preparation techniques to get as ready for the process as possible. This will help move treatment along smoothly and give your smile the best chance of successful realignment.
Handy Tips For Invisalign Preparation
Invisalign is a great option for straightening crooked teeth as well as overbites and underbites. They can effectively fix these issues whilst you go through the following stages of treatment:
- Initial smile consultation
- The fitting
- Getting your Invisalign Aligners
- A twice weekly check-up to receive your new set to help with straightening progress
Preparation is so crucial. Knowing and understanding how this type of brace will affect your everyday life and the small adjustments you will need to make will really help the process.
Here are some points for consideration
Pain – The scale of pain is different for everyone. You will only know when you start undergoing treatment. Some report minimal pain and others say it’s very painful. It’s good to talk to the professional about steps to minimize pain if it becomes an issue. The most amount of pain will happen when it initially comes into the mouth.
Here are some tips to minimise the pain:
- To prevent gum irritation, change to a new aligner just before going to bed.
- Avoid hard foods and go with softer things when your teeth are sensitive.
- Get a cold compress and place on the outside of the mouth.
- Bring the edges that hurt to the attention of your dentist as they can look into correcting this.
As wearing Invisalign is crucial during sleep, it’s important to get them as comfortable as possible. This is because much of the teeth movement takes place at night during rest. Here’s some tips for promoting a restful sleep with Invisalign:
- Sleep on your back if possible to decrease saliva production
- Breathe through your nose instead of mouth
- Expect more saliva production initially but speak to your dentist if you are missing sleep due to this issue.
This is a good start to your getting more prepared for your braces. Doing these steps and getting mentally prepared for the change will promote a smoother transition.