Any business owner can tell you that the one challenge you will face over and over is how to turn leads into actual customers.
It doesn’t matter what kind of business you have, your main goal is to grow your business.
It is not enough to drive traffic to a site, if that traffic isn’t creating customers and showing sales, you are missing out.
I know a couple of people who are involved in essential oil direct sales and have seen some of them thrive while others seem to do nothing. What is the difference?
A sales funnel is the process you lead prospective customers through.
It starts the moment they become aware of your brand or products, and ends when they make a purchase and become your customer.
Having an effective sales funnel has four stages.
Research your target audience
The first step to building a sales funnel is to research your target audience. You need to understand what your target audience is looking for. Ask yourself:
- Why do they want to buy a product?
- How will they use the product?
- What inspires them to purchase a product?
- What are they interested in?
- What expectations do they have?
- Which social media platforms do they use?
Plan an effective lead generation strategy
Once you have figured out your target audience and decided why they need your product, it’s time to focus on your website traffic and lead generation. This is an ever-changing market that goes in cycles. What works one day won’t work the next. Experiment with what works but be ready to change it all up.
Some options for lead generation are:
- Pay-per-click campaigns
- Guest posting
- Social media advertising
- Influencer marketing
- Search engine optimization
Devise a strategy to engage leads
Now that you have seen an increase in traffic and leads, it is time to engage with those leads.
There are multiple ways to engage with your leads. Find what you are comfortable with and use it.
- Create useful blog posts (solve a problem, answer a question related to your product)
- Create informative, interesting videos
- Use social media platforms to promote your product and posts
- Have influencers create reviews and tutorials of your products
- Use email marketing to promote your content
Convert leads into paying customers
The final step is to convert leads into actual customers.
To increase your conversion rate, that is the leads who become customers, make sure you make it as easy as possible for people to complete their purchases. You can do so by:
- Providing one-click signup and sign-in options
- Minimizing the form fields
- Simplifying your checkout and payment processes
Making purchase options as user-friendly as possible is key.
What tips do you have for turning leads into customers?
Leave a Reply