Surprising Stay At Home Mom Careers To Explore – If you’re a stay-at-home mom and wanting to return to the workforce, don’t even think about that long commute.
Nowadays, you can earn a better living from your laptop!
Here are some surprising jobs you can do at home, with your kids present, without having to put on that pantsuit every morning.
6 Surprising Lucrative Stay At Home Mom Careers To Explore
Surprising careers to look into as a stay at home mom.
Blogging is such a huge industry nowadays. Have you seen this list of blogger income reports, where bloggers are earning 5 figures a month?
Find out how to create your own blog and monetize it in this free blogging course.
2. Gift Basket Maker
According to bankrate.com, a Gift Basket review survey found 72 percent of respondents making annual gross sales of at least $50,000.
- Making a basket for a corporation averages at about $61.89 while birthday, get-well, and sympathy baskets average at about $20.00 less.
- This job provides a flexible, work-at-home schedule that still gives you time with your kids.
- You may have to invest a little in startup costs, depending on the types of items you choose for each basket.
Read more: How to start a gift basket business
3. Culinary Consultant
Companies like Chefsline.com hire experienced cooks to give kitchen advice over the phone and through chatting online. You can literally cook up a satisfying career by providing paying customers with your cooking knowledge and expertise.
- While no degree is required, having some teaching or culinary experience will increase the likelihood of getting hired.
- If being your own boss sounds more appealing, start your own culinary blog!
Read more: Home Business Ideas For Foodies
If you have some writing or editing experience, proofreading from the comfort of your home may be the job for you. Proofreading can even lead to online tutoring if you have some teaching experience.
- While it’s hard to make a living off of just one freelance gig, paired with a freelance writing job, a proofreading job can be a productive “side hustle.”
Read more: How to start a proofreading business
5. Sell Your Crafts
Are you creative, crafty, and artsy already? Are you constantly drawing, painting, sewing or making jewelry? Why not sell your one-of-a-kind items online? There’s a growing market for handmade goods today.
- Creating a personalized shop on Etsy is fairly easy and costs very little.
- Customers can pay you through an online service such as PayPal.
- You’ll have to be available to pack and ship orders by yourself.
Read more: How to start a craft business
6. Re-sell Vintage Items
There’s a good market for vintage items on the Internet, whether you’re selling furniture, clothing, or jewelry.
Start your own online store and present your unique and desirable taste to the wanting world.
- Browsing thrift stores, flea markets, yard sales, estate sales, and consignment stores are a great way to get out of the house. You can even bring your kids with you if they’re not too rowdy.
- List each item online through eBay or Etsy and watch them “fly off the shelves.”
Surprising Stay At Home Mom Careers To Explore – Conclusion
Did you know that, according to the Center for Women’s Business Research, there are 10.1 million women-owned businesses in the U.S.?
Stay-at-home-mom jobs can range from crafting and cooking to marketing and designing.
Whatever your ideal home business may be, it’s certainly possible to work, make a decent income, and never miss a moment with your kids.