It’s important to be careful when looking for legitimate work from home jobs in order to avoid scams. Hopefully, this list of ten legitimate work-from-home companies can help you find a job and avoid being ripped off.
Remember, even with this list, be sure to check out everything and do your due diligence to avoid feeling used.
You want a job that pays enough to make it worth it to work, and you want a job that values your experience too. One of these might fit.
Legitimate Work from Home Jobs
1. Nuance Transcription Services – With a focus on medical transcription, this is a real job as an employee doing transcription. They offer extra training for experienced transcriptionists and are often looking for qualified transcriptionists.
2. Orion Transcription Services – If you’re experienced with transcription, this is a good place to apply for a job. You must be U.S. based and have at least two years of experience to get one of these medical, legal or other transcription jobs.
3. Tigerfish Transcribing – If you’re new to transcribing, you can take the test and apply with Tigerfish Transcribing. Plus they direct you to free software to use for practice to help you with passing the test.
In addition to these we have an entire post with more transcription companies hiring work from home workers: Work at Home Transcription Jobs.
Call Center Agent
4. LiveOps Agent – With this company, you can do many different types of positions from inbound calling to insurance sales, claims, and more. They work with many well-known companies and hire educated and experienced sales professionals.
5. Alorica at Home – This inbound calling center will hire beginners if you pass the background check. It’s a good place to get started if you want to be a call center agent. You set your own hours.
6. Sykes Home – This company prides itself on hiring military spouses, retirees, and parents to work at home answering calls. They also hire in Canada, and are especially looking for bilingual workers.
7. Working Solutions – You get to start your own business while also having the comfort of knowing you have a big business behind your success. You are a contract worker with training and once you schedule your hours you know you’ll get them.
Check our list of 50 Call Center Jobs.
8. Ed2go Network – If you have a degree, you can teach. In this opportunity you can write and develop courses as well as online teaching jobs. What’s available depends on the time, but they are always taking applications.
How much money you can make will vary but even they say on their site not to quit your day job. But it can be combined with other opportunities to make a full-time income.
9. Elevate K-12 – If you have a teaching certificate and teaching experience, you can teach online. While you do have some control over your schedule, they ask that you are available between 8 pm and 4 pm each day.
10. ETS – Writing, scoring, and even fellowships are available via ETS. You’d be scoring advance placement tests, and other types of proctored tests that students take for advancement or certification.
If you’ve always wanted to be involved in helping shape testing given to students, this is your chance.
Bonus – VIPKid
Two Bonus Opportunities
11. Blue Zebra Appointment Setting –They offer different positions such as appointment setter in which you might perform cold calling to try to set appointments for another sale professional to talk to the person again.
They also sometimes hire virtual administrative assistants. All positions are independent contractor positions.
12. Travel Outlook – If you want to work in the exciting world of travel, this is the chance. You would be working taking reservations for hotel rooms and sometimes other duties such as touring local venues for clients.
They want people with experience at least with customer service and working from home to ensure that you’re self-motivated. They say that some of their agents make over 40K a year and you are an employee.
Top Ten Companies Offering Legitimate Work From Home Jobs
These are all legitimate work from home jobs here are many more opportunities that are real. Some take experienced workers while others will take new people too.
Hopefully, you can find something that will work for you. And, these aren’t the only jobs out there. There are 100’s of companies offering legitimate work from home jobs.
Be sure to read this guide: How To Avoid Work From Home Scams
After you’ve reviewed the companies listed here, check our other jobs articles including these very popular posts: